You have no items in your shopping cart.
Breezer Uptown 8 Bicycle 2012 Model
Now on Sale - Normal Retail is $979.99 Save $280.00 Plus there is No Shipping Charge!
A Two-time winner of Bicycling Magazine's Editors' Choice for the “Best Commuter bike,” the Uptown 8 offers an extra smooth ride thanks to the super-light Shimano Nexus Premium "red band" 8-speed hub with an extra-wide gear range for all types of terrain.
The foundation of the Uptown 8 is a durable and lightweight 7005 aluminum frame, custom designed by Joe Breeze. The frame is designed to deliver smart handling and a lively ride with geometries that make for a comfortable and efficient ride over any distance.
Your seating position will be upright which is great for around town and for seeing the sites. The upright riding position will also ensure that there is minimal stress on your upper body and the suspension seatpost will absorb the bumps on your ride. The wheels are 26" in diameter, allowing for quick accelerations which is beneficial for frequent stops around town.
When riding the Uptown 8, you will discover that it is amazingly easy to shift gears with the Premium Shimano Nexus 8-speed transmission which is neatly built into the rear hub. This means there are no external gears or a derailleur hanging down that would need routine maintenance on it. The Shimano Nexus 8 Premium hub weighs only 200 grams - which is almost 1/2 a pound less than the standard hub. It has a 305% gear range which equates to about a 65-gear-inch range. The top gear is about three times greater than its low gear. It far surpasses the 7 speed hub in every way. For you as a rider, this means a greater range of gears, from easy pedaling up hills, to higher gears that will really get you moving. The shifting is quick and accurate, and most of all easy to do. All you do is twist the shifter one way for up, and the other way for down - and best of all, the shifter is built right into the grip!
On the front end of the bike, the silky smooth Shimano front hub dynamo powers both front and rear LED lights for years of trouble-free service. A clever Standlight feature keeps both lights on when you come to a stop. You no longer have to worry about replacing or charging a battery. The lights are bright and the taillight, which is built into the rack can be seen from both directly behind, as well as from the sides. For even more night-time safety, there are reflective sidewall tires for added visibility.
There are several additional features that may not be noticeable at first glance, but you will quickly appreciate them on your bike. A bell on the handlebars will allow you to alert other cyclists and pedestrians that you are approaching. Fenders will keep you clean and dry, and the cool stripes running down them are for more than just aesthetics - they actually are running the cables for the generator lights - keeping the cables secure and out of the way, how cool is that?! We already mentioned the lights, which mean you will never be without a light again - you can hop on and ride, be it day or night.
The Breezer Uptown 8 will provide you with years of smooth riding performance and enjoyment! Take it slow or ride like the wind, whichever you prefer, this bike will deliver.
Key Features of the Uptown 8 2012 Model:
- Durable and light 7005 aluminum frame a custom Joe Breeze design
- Shimano Nexus Premium 8-speed internally geared hub with a twist-grip shifter
- Telescopic suspension seatpost
- Built-in generator-powered front and rear LED lights
- Super-efficient Shimano front DH-3N20 hub dynamo light generator with Standlight Feature
- Breezer Comfort Saddle
- Aluminum cranks, aluminum handlebars
- Tubular aluminum rear carrier and kickstand
- Built-in ring lock for rear wheel, great for short-stop security, fenders and a bell
- Chainguard to keep you grease free
Full Specs Of the Breezer Uptown 8 Bike:
- Main Frame: Breezer Custom Aluminum, Single Water Bottle Mount Diamond Frame
- Rear Triangle: Breezer Custom-Tapered Aluminum
- Fork: Breezer Chromoly
- Crankset: Breezer Aluminum, 38T
- Bottom Bracket: VP-BC73C Cartridge Style
- Pedals: VP, Polished Aluminum Body, CrMo axle
- Front derailleur: None - Has Nexus Hub
- Rear derailleur: None - Has Nexus Inernal Hub
- Shifters: Shimano Nexus 8S20 Revo-Shift, 8-Speed
- Cassette: Shimano, 18T
- Chain: KMC Z-51
- Wheelset: Shimano DH-3N20 NT Dynamo Front/Nexus 8R36 Premium Rear, 36H Hubs, Alex Aluminum Box-Type CNC Rims
- Tires: WTB Freedom Cruz Sport, 26x1.5", Reflective Strip
- Brake set: Tektro 857AL V-Brake, Cold-Forged
- Brake levers: Tektro CL530, Ergonomic w/ Kraton Rubber
- Headset : Breezer Sealed, 1", Threaded
- Handlebars: Breezer Aluminum, 25.4, 26mm rise, 590mm wide, 33 degree sweep
- Stem: Breezer Aluminum, 25.4, Quill style
- Tape/grip: Breezer Ergonomic Kraton Rubber
- Saddle: Breezer Comfort Saddle
- Seat post: Breezer Suspension Aluminum, 40mm Travel, 27.2x350mm
- Fenders: Polycarbonate, 50mm, Stainless Fittings, Integrated Lighting Conductors
- Headlight: Busch & Muller Lumotech Lyt LED, Standlight, with Switch
- Taillight: Busch & Muller DToplight Plus, Standlight
- Rear Carrier: Breezer Tubular Aluminum w/ Spring Clip
- Additional Features: Chainguard, Kickstand, Bell, Frame Lock
- Color: Earth Green, Moss Green
- Sizes: Step-Over: S (17.5"), M (19.5"), L (21.5"), XL (23.5")
Add Your Tags:
Use spaces to separate tags. Use single quotes (') for phrases.