You have no items in your shopping cart.
Breezer Uptown 8 Bicycle with Low Step Frame 2011 Model
Now on Sale - Normal Retail is $999.00 Save $200.00 Plus there is No Shipping Charge!
Named the Commuter Bike of the Year by Bicycling Magazine in 2010, the 2011 Uptown 8 has even more quality features than the previous versions that are sure to make every ride a pleasurable experience.
Starting out with a durable and lightweight 7005 aluminum frame, custom designed by Joe Breeze, The Uptown 8 has a foundation that will impress you the moment you take your first ride. The frame is designed to deliver smart handling and a lively ride with geometries that make for a comfortable and efficient ride over any distance. The Low Step Frame design on the Uptown 8 is easy to get on and off of, easy to ride, and is lots of fun. Take it slow or ride like the wind - whichever you prefer, this bike will deliver.
Your seating position will be upright which is great for around town and for seeing the sites. The upright riding position will also ensure that there is minimal stress on your upper body. The wheels are 26" in diameter, allowing for quick accelerations which is beneficial for frequent stops around town.
When riding the Uptown 8, you will discover that it is amazingly easy to shift gears with the Premium Shimano Nexus 8-speed transmission which is neatly built into the rear hub. This means there are no external gears or a derailleur hanging down that would need routine maintenance on it. The Shimano Nexus 8 Premium hub weighs only 200 grams - which is almost 1/2 a pound less than the standards hub. It has a 305% gear range which equates to about a 65-gear-inch range. The top gear is about three times greater than its low gear. It far surpasses the 7 speed hub in every way. For you as a rider, this means a greater range of gears, from easy pedaling up hills, to higher gears that will really get you moving. The shifting is quick and accurate, and most of all easy to do. All you do is twist the shifter one way for up, and the other way for down - and best of all, the shifter is built right into the grip!
On the front end of the bike, the silky smooth Shimano front hub dynamo powers both front and rear LED lights for years of trouble-free service. A clever Standlight feature keeps both lights on when you come to a stop. The Uptown 8's light system even has a built-in Senso feature to activate the lights automatically when light levels are low. You no longer have to worry about replacing batteries or charging a battery. The lights are bright and the taillight, which is built into the rack can be seen from both directly behind, as well as from the sides. For even more night-time safety, there are reflective sidewall tires for add visibility.
When commuting, there is no need to worry about getting grease on your pants or a piece of clothing stuck inside the chain, thanks to the full chaincase which keeps the chain fully enclosed and clean with no fuss.
There are several additional features that may not be noticeable at first glance, but you will quickly appreciate them on your bike. The rear rack is made long enough to hold a Breezer Bag designed to carry the length of magazines, so you can make the trip to or from the post office with all your periodicals intact. A bell on the handlebars will allow you to alert other cyclists and pedestrians that you are approaching. Fenders will keep you clean and dry, and the cool stripes running down them are for more than just aesthetics - they actually are running the cables for the generator lights - keeping the cables secure and out of the way, how cool is that?! We already mentioned the lights, which mean you will never be without a light again - you can hop on and ride, be it day or night.
The Breezer Uptown 8 will provide you with years of smooth riding performance and enjoyment!
Key Features of the Uptown 8:
- Durable and light 7005 aluminum frames a custom Joe Breeze design
- Shimano Nexus Premium 8-speed internally geared hub with a twist-grip shifter
- Telescopic suspension seatpost
- Built-in generator-powered front and rear LED lights
- Super-efficient Shimano front 3N20 hub dynamo light generator with Standlight & Senso features
- Senso Headlight turns on automatically at dusk
- Breezer Comfort Saddle
- Aluminum cranks, aluminum handlebars
- Tubular aluminum rear carrier and kickstand
- Built-in ring lock for rear wheel, great for short-stop security; fenders; bell
- Full chaincase for clean fun
Full Specs Of the Breezer Uptown 8 Bike - with Low Step Frame:
- Main Frame: Breezer Custom Aluminum, Single Water Bottle Mount Low Step Frame
- Rear Triangle: Breezer Custom-Tapered Aluminum, Horiz-In Dropouts
- Fork: Breezer CrMo w/ CrMo steerer, V-Brake Mounts
- Crankset: Shimano Nexus FC-NX75, 38T
- Bottom Bracket: VP-BC73C Cartridge Style
- Pedals: Wellgo CO21 Aluminum Body w/Kraton top and CrMo Spindle
- Front derailleur: None - Has Nexus Hub
- Rear derailleur: None - Has Nexus Inernal Hub
- Shifters: Shimano Nexus Revo, 8-speed Twist Shift
- Cassette: Shimano, 18T
- Chain: KMC Z-51
- Wheelset: Shimano Dynamo 3N20 6V-3W Front Hub, Shimano Nexus 8 Premium Rear Hub, Alex DH19 36H Rims
- Tires: WTB Freedom Cruz Elite w/Reflex, 26x1.5”
- Brake set: Tektro 857AL V-Brake
- Brake levers: Tektro CL530
- Headset : VP-H692W
- Handlebars: Breezer Aluminum, 26mm Rise
- Stem: Breezer Aluminum, Quill Style
- Tape/grip: Breezer Open End Ergonomic Kraton rubber
- Saddle: Breezer Comfort Saddle
- Seat post: Breezer Suspension Aluminum 40mm Travel, 350x27.2mm
- Fenders: Polycarbonate w/Integrated Lighting Conductors
- Headlight: Busch & Muller Lumotec Fly LED w/Standlight Feature
- Taillight: Basta Riff Steady LED w/Standlight Feature
- Rear Carrier: Breezer Tubular Aluminum w/Spring Clip
- Additional Features: Axa Solid Ring Lock, YWS Chime Bell w/Black Anodized Chime
- Colors: Black Satin/Cobalt Blue
- Sizes: Low Step Frame 15" (XS), 17" (S), 19" (M), 21" (L)
Add Your Tags:
Use spaces to separate tags. Use single quotes (') for phrases.