You have no items in your shopping cart.
Detroit Bikes The B-Type Bicycle - Made in Detroit
Riding a bike should be simple. Whether you are commuting twenty miles to work
everyday or haven't touched a bike in fifteen years, this bike is built with you in mind. Detroit Bikes are light and strong, minimalist bikes with features that enhance durability and quality of ride.
If you are between 5'3" and 6'3", Detroit Bikes A-Type (step over frame) and B-Type (step through frame) bike will fit you. The slightly larger 700c wheels mean Detroit bikes ride smoothly. Coupling foot and hand brakes ensures full control and safe braking power. Each bike has a three speed internal Shimano Nexus hub and comes in one color. Detroit bikes are built with ample braze-ons to allow for customization.
Special Features of Detroit Bikes B-Type:
Shimano Nexus Internal 3-Speed Gear Hub: All the gear mechanisms and seals have been meticulously engineered to deliver accurate and smooth shifting best suited for commuter bikes.
Frame Built With 4130 Chromoly Steel: Hand TIG-welded chromoly steel tubing that is stronger and lighter than standard mild steel tubing.
Custom Designed Rear Rack with Logo: Custom designed rear rack built to carry up to 35 lbs.
Kenda Kwest All Weather 700x32c Tires: Narrow tires designed for urban riding featuring rust resistant stainless steel spokes and double walled alloy rims.
Vintage-Styled Riveted Saddle: Comfortable, vintage-styled riveted saddle with extra padding and coils for cushioning.
Full Specs of Detroit Bikes B-Type:
- Frame: Detroit Bikes built 1-size-fits-all; 4130 True Temper chrome molybdenum (chromoly steel) tubing; TIG welded by hand; B-type: step-through frame Manufactured in Detroit
- Fork: Chromoly steel
- Headset: 1" Threaded, black
- Rims: 700x32c double walled alloy Wheels built in Detroit
- Hub, Rear: Internal Shimano Nexus 3-speed
- Tires: Kenda Kwest All Weather 700x32c
- Spokes: Stainless Steel 36X36
- Shifters: Shimano Nexus 3-speed grip shifter
- Chain: Rust proof 1/2x1/8"
- Chain Guard: Steel chain guard Manufactured in Detroit
- Crankset Alloy forged, 44T, 170mm
- BB++: Unitized sealed bottom bearing bracket set Shell manufactured in Detroit
- Cog: Shimano 19T
- Pedals: Alloy pedals with non-slip tread and reflectors
- Seatpost: Alloy Zoom seat post
- Saddle: Comfortable, vintage-styled riveted saddle with extra padding and two coils
- Handlebar: Steel with chrome finish
- Stem: Alloy, black
- Grips: Comfortable foam with end plugs
- Brakes: Coaster brake; Front caliper brake
- Color / Paint: A-Type: Matte black durable powder coat; B-Type: Glossy white durable powder coat Painted in Detroit
- Frame Fit: Fits 5’3” to 6’3” comfortably
- Rack: Custom designed rack with Detroit Bikes Logo Manufactured in Detroit
- Extras: Steel fenders; Mounts for kickstand and water bottle
Add Your Tags:
Use spaces to separate tags. Use single quotes (') for phrases.