You have no items in your shopping cart.
Kestrel 4000 Shimano Ultegra Triathlon/Time Trial Bicycle- 2015 Model - No Shipping Charge
Features of the Kestrel Talon Triathlon Bicycle with Shimano 105 Components:
- Extensive testing in the A2 Wind Tunnel produced a host of frame and fork refinements that allow the wind to flow over the bike with minimum drag.
- 800K high-modulus carbon fiber has a groundbreaking weight-to-stiffness ratio; it’s used to construct a frame that is stiff for maximum pedaling power, yet comfortable enough for Ironman distances.
- New rear stays are shaped to fit all the commonly available deep-dish and disc wheels while preserving aerodynamics.
- New vertical dropouts combine a secure hold with 8mm of fore-aft adjustment to get the rear wheel in the perfect aero position.
- Geometry is ideal for the demands of long-distance triathlons. A slightly taller head tube allows a more upright position to keep the legs fresh and strong for the run stage.
- TRP 920 Forged Aero Center Pull braking system offers superior aerodynamics and easy wheel changes.
The revolutionary original Kestrel 4000 introduced technology that had never been seen on a production bike before, and set the standard for carbon bikes for years to come. Continuing in this proud tradition, the modern 4000 is built specifically for the most demanding triathlon competitions, and it’s been proven time and again by top-level athletes, including Andy Potts-21-time winner of Ironman 70.3 races, 4-time USAT Triathlete of the Year, and former Olympian. For the 2015 model, Potts' valuable input during the design process made the 4000 even better. Proving its versatility, the 4000 has also been raced in time trials of the Vuelta a España and the Giro d’Italia. This is a dedicated machine for long-distance performance, made possible with details that make the rider more comfortable.
- COLORS: Satin Carbon w/ Red and Charcoal
- SIZES: 650c: 47cm; 700c: 50cm, 52.5cm, 55cm, 57.5cm, 59.5cm
- MAIN FRAME: 800K High Modulus Carbon Fiber
- REAR TRIANGLE: 800K High Modulus Carbon Fiber With Replaceable/Adjustable Dropouts
- FORK: Kestrel EMS Pro SL TT Full Carbon, 1 1/8" - 1 1/4"Â Tapered Steerer
- WHEELSET: Oval Concepts 527 wheelset, 700c, 18/24H, cartridge bearing hubs, welded rims
- TIRES: Vittoria Rubino Pro, 650 X 23c; Vittoria Zaffiro Pro Slick, 700 x 23c Folding
- CRANKSET: Oval Concepts 900 Hollow Carbon 53/39T
- BOTTOM BRACKET: Oval Concepts Integrated, External Bearings w/ BB30 adaptor
- FRONT DERAILLEUR: Shimano Ultegra, Braze-on
- REAR DERAILLEUR: Shimano Ultegra, 11-sp
- SHIFTERS Shimano Dura Ace SL-BSR1 Bar End TT shifters, 22-sp
- CASSETTE: Shimano Ultegra, 11-28T
- CHAIN: KMC X11L Nickel-plated 11-speed
- BRAKE SET: TRP 920 Forged Aero Center Pull
- BRAKE LEVERS: Oval Concepts 701
- HEADSET: FSA CX Integrated 1 1/4" Top, 1 1/4" Bottom with 10mm Top Cover and Cable Guide
- HANDLEBAR: Oval Concepts 750 6061 Aluminum Base Bar, Oval Concepts 750 6061 Aluminum Clip On
- STEM: Oval Concepts 713 7050 3D-forged Alloy, 31.8mm +/- 6 degrees
- SADDLE: Oval Concepts 500 Triathlon w/ Cr/Mo Rails
- SEAT POST: Kestrel EMS Pro w/ Ritchey Clamp System
- TAPE/GRIP: Kestrel Suede Tape
Add Your Tags:
Use spaces to separate tags. Use single quotes (') for phrases.