You have no items in your shopping cart.
Kestrel Talon Road Ultegra 2012 Model
Save $1,350.00 off the normal retail of $3249.00, Plus there is no shipping charge.
Ride like the wind with Kestrel's legendary Talon Road bike featuring one of the most aero-dynamic frames in the industry. Kestrel was the first company to design and produce a full carbon fiber bicycle and they have continued to lead the way ever since.
About the Kestrel Talon Road Series:
Created for the rider who wants cutting-edge aero design and seat angle adjustability from 72 to 80 degrees. The Talon Road is ideal for someone looking for a road bike that performs just as well in a criterium or a fast-paced weekend ride. A blend of 700K and 800K carbon offers the perfect balance of stiffness and power transfer with the efficiency of a light carbon platform.
The best bang for your buck. Gracing the cover of Bicycling Magazine as a "Best Buy," the Talon offers exceptional value, affording riders both comfort and supreme aerodynamics. For 2012, the Talon has an upgraded fork that improves stability and a new seat clamp for easier post adjustments. There is no faster aero road bike on the market.
It’s all about harmony between rider and machine. Kestrel does not use “open molds” on any of their framesets, forks, or components. Using their own molds allows for total design and performance integration. The Kestrel design process begins with determining what body position will help a rider perform their best. Kestrel’s road and tri geometries have been refined over two decades with input from athletes and fit experts in the industry, and their geometries are designed to fit a wide range of customers: weekend riders to full-time pros.
Carbon is the backbone of every Kestrel, it has been since 1986. Kestrel uses two grades of carbon: 700K & 800K. The 700K is all muscle. Less resistant to bending, it’s utilized in high-stress areas to reduce flex. And the 800K adds finesse. The lighter of the two, it's utilized in lower stress areas to achieve the lightest possible overall frame weight. Each model employs a unique blend of these two fibers to create a powerful yet light weight bike.
Full Specs of the Kestrel Talon Road Ultegra:
- Sizes: 55cm, 57cm
- Color(s): Carbon/Blue
- Main frame: Blend of 700 K/800 K Hi-Modulus Carbon Fiber
- Rear triangle: 700 K Carbon Fiber With Replaceable Derailleur Hanger
- Fork: EMS Pro SL Carbon Steerer, 1 1/8”
- Crankset: Oval Concepts 900 Carbon 53/39T (48cm, 52cm: 170mm; 55cm, 57cm: 172.5mm; 60cm: 175mm)
- Bottom bracket: Oval Concepts Integrated
- Front derailleur: Shimano Ultegra, Braze On
- Rear derailleur:Shimano Ultegra, 10-sp
- Shifters: Shimano Ultegra STI
- Cassette: Shimano Ultegra 11-25T, 10-sp
- Chain: KMC X10 Nickel Plated, 10-sp
- Wheelset: 700c: Oval Concepts 535 Alloy Clincher, 35mm F & R, 10-sp
- Tires: Hutchinson Atom Comp, 700x23c
- Brake set: Oval Concepts 700
- Brake levers: Shimano Ultegra STI
- Headset: Oval Concepts Integrated 1 1/8” Top, 1 1/4” Bottom with Carbon Top Cover
- Handlebar/Aerobar: Oval Concepts 700S, Double-Butted 7050 Alloy, Shallow Bend (48cm, 52cm: 40cm; 55cm, 57cm:42cm; 60cm: 44cm)
NOTE:It is very important that your Kestrel Bicycle be assembled by a qualified mechanic.
Add Your Tags:
Use spaces to separate tags. Use single quotes (') for phrases.