You have no items in your shopping cart.
Montague Boston 8 Speed Folding Bike with Flip-Flop Hub - Perfect For Commuting
No Shipping Charge, Free Pedals and Free Kickstand
The Boston 8 speed folding bike takes the original Boston with its' sleek design and adds an 8 speed internal Shimano hub for convenience by adding a great range of gearing for all types of terrain. This is a great bike for commuting. The 8 Speed hub allows you to ride hills, flats and everything in between. It is simple in design and very low maintenance with full size 700c wheels. You won't even feel like you are on a folding bike thanks to the patented Montague design that does not break the top-tube. Extremely portable, the Boston 8 strips away the complexities of urban life, and leaves you face-to-face with the open streets. Perfect for the urban rider and commuting by bike.
The Clix quick release and the patented folding system convert the bike from full-size City Bke to trunk-size (35 x 12 x 28 inches) in less than 20 seconds.
Award Winning Features Behind the Montague Boston:CLIX System: Clever integration of the patented CLIX System allows the BOSTON 8 to be folded in under 20 seconds without the use of tools. A flip of the CLIX quick release lever on the top tube and the bike folds to a compact size. If you forget to re-tighten the QR after unfolding, a secondary lock prevents the frame from folding.
FIT System: The BOSTON 8 frame is designed around a patented folding system. This design eliminates the need to break the frame in order to fold the bike. Not only does this make folding easier but it makes this bike the strongest folding bike on the market. The Folding Integrated Technology (F.I.T.) is based around frame construction concepts designed for serious full suspension downhill bikes.
Drivetrain: The BOSTON 8 is powered by a Shimano Nexus 8-speed internal hub. This maintains the clean lines of the Boston, provides perfect gearing for hills, and keeps the salt and sand out of your gears so you can just enjoy the ride on your folding bike.
Key Features of the BOSTON:
- 8 Speed Shimano Nexus Hub
- Wheel Size is700c
- Folding Time is 20 sec.
- Folded Size is 35" x 28" x 12"
- Approx Weight is 24 lbs
- Uses: Commuting, City Canyons, Fast Getaways, Folding into a car trunk
- Available in 17", 19" frame (5'3"-5'10"), 21" (5'11" - 6'4")
Full Specs of Montague BOSTON Bike:
- Color: Matte Black
- Frame: Custom drawn 7005 Series. Aluminum tubing with horizontal dropouts and FIT System
- Fork: Full Cro-Mo, with CLIX Wheel Release System Ramped Dropout
- Rims: Alex Alloy, 32 hole, Black. 700c.
- Tires: Kenda Kwick Roller Sport 700c x 28mm slick
- Hubset: Formula. Alloy, with CLIX front quick release. Shimano Nexus 8 speed internal rear
- Spokes: 14 Gauge Stainless
- Saddle: Areo Performance with "Center Gap"
- Seatpost: 27.2 X 300mm Alloy
- Handlebars: Riser style 30mm rise 530mm wide. Alloy
- Stem: Octalink Stem
- Shifters: Shimano Nexus 8-speed
- Front Derailleur: NA
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Nexus internal gear 8-speed hub
- Crankset: SR Suntour Alloy 42T chainwheel. Alloy 170mm crank arm
- Speeds: 8 Speed
- Brakeset: Promax. Alloy Dual Pivot Caliper brake with Alloy levers
- Pedals: Platform trekking pedal. Aluminum Cage
- Bottom Bracket: Sealed Cartridge
- Frame Sizes: 17", 19" or 21"" (with 700c wheels)
- Stand over heights: TBA
- Folded Size: 36" x 28" x 12"
- Approx Weight: 24 lbs.
Add Your Tags:
Use spaces to separate tags. Use single quotes (') for phrases.