You have no items in your shopping cart.
Montague Boston 2016 Single Speed Folding Bike with Flip-Flop Hub - Perfect For Commuting
No Shipping Charge AND Receive a Free C3Sports Explorer-600 Bike Headlight with a powerful 600 lumen LED with high beam, low beam a strobe mode and an internal USB rechargeable battery.
Introducing the first available 700c Single Speed, Fixed Gear folding bike with a full size frame. The Boston strips away the complexities of urban life, and leaves you face-to-face with the open streets.
The Montague Boston is a full size, single-speed folding bike featuring 700c wheels for ideal riding in the city. It also includes a flip-flop hub so the rear wheel can operate as either a fixed-gear or free-wheel setup. The Boston is a fast bike for the urban rider who wants simplicity with excellent performance. The Clix quick release and the patented folding system convert the folding bike from full-size to trunk-size in less than 20 seconds.
A single speed 700c bike is highly sought after in the city. Now, you can own one without having to worry about where to store it! With the flip-flop hub, go from a free-wheel, to a fixie in seconds, and easily take it with you on the train or bus, and then store it in a closet when you are done with your ride.
Award Winning Features Behind the Montague Boston:DirectConnect Folding System:New for 2016 is the DirectConnect folding system, which removes the quick release from the top tube, provides an easier folding experience and larger clamping surface between the two halves of the frame. A flip of the quick release lever and your bike folds to a compact size.
Folding Integrated Technology: The Boston frame is designed around another patented system that allows the bike to fold without any breaks in the frame’s tubing. Not only does this make it easier to fold, but it makes Montague bikes the strongest folding bike on the market. The Folding Integrated Technology (F.I.T.) is based around the same frame construction concepts as serious full suspension downhill bikes.
Single Speed or Fixed Gear: The BOSTON is powered by a single-speed drivetrain that centers around a flip-flop hub. This special hub allows riders to change between a fixed-gear and free-wheel setup with little effort. The 42 x 16t drivetrain is low weight and perfectly geared for city riding.
Key Features of the BOSTON:
- 1 Speed is all you need!
- Wheel Size is 700c
- Flip Flop Hub - Freewheel or Fixed Gear
- Folding Time is 20 sec.
- Folded Size is 36" x 28" x 12"
- Approx Weight is 25 lbs
- Uses: Commuting, City Canyons, Fast Getaways, Folding into a car trunk
- Available in 19" frame (5'3"-5'10"), 21" (5'11" - 6'4")
Full Specs of Montague BOSTON Bike:
- Color: Matte Black
- Frame: Custom drawn 7005 Series aluminum. Horizontal dropouts and DirectConnect folding system
- Fork: Rigid unicrown with CLIX Wheel Release System ramped dropout
- Rims: 700c Alloy deep section, 32 hole, Black
- Tires: Kenda semi-slick 700c x 28mm
- Hubset: Formula. Alloy, with CLIX front quick release. “Flip flop” Rear.
- Spokes: 14 Gauge Stainless
- Saddle: Sport Gel design
- Seatpost: 30.0 X 300mm Alloy with Montague logo
- Handlebars: Riser style 20mm rise. 580mm wide. Alloy.
- Stem: Kalloy, Alloy Direct Connect, 7 Degree Rise
- Shifters: NA
- Front Derailleur: NA
- Rear Derailleur: NA
- Crankset: SR Suntour, Alloy 42T chainwheel with Integrated chain guard, 170mm crank arm
- Speeds: Single Speed
- Brakeset: Dual Pivot Caliper brake with locking quick release
- Pedals: Platform trekking pedal, Steel cage
- Bottom Bracket: Sealed Cartridge
- Frame Sizes: 19" or 21"" (with 700c wheels)
- Folded Size: 36" x 28" x 12"
- Approx Weight: 24 lbs.
Add Your Tags:
Use spaces to separate tags. Use single quotes (') for phrases.