You have no items in your shopping cart.
Montague Boston Single Speed Folding Bike with Flip-Flop Hub - Perfect For Commuting
No Shipping Charge.
Introducing the first available 700c Single Speed, Fixed Gear folding bike with a full size frame. The Boston strips away the complexities of urban life, and leaves you face-to-face with the open streets.
The Montague Boston is a full size, single-speed folding bike featuring 700c- wheels for ideal riding in the city. It also includes a flip-flop hub so the rear wheel can operate as either a fixed-gear or free-wheel setup. The Boston is a fast bike for the urban rider who wants simplicity with excellent performance. The Clix quick release and the patented folding system convert the bike from full-size to trunk-size (35 x 12 x 28 inches) in less than 20 seconds.
A single speed 700c bike is highly sought after in the city. Now, you can own one without having to worry about where to store it! With the flip-flop hub, go from a free-wheel, to a fixie in seconds, and easily take it with you on the train or bus, and then store it in a closet when you are done with your ride.
Award Winning Features Behind the Montague Boston:CLIX System: Clever integration of the patented CLIX System allows the BOSTON to be folded in under 20 seconds without the use of tools. A flip of the CLIX quick release lever on the top tube and the bike folds to a compact size. If you forget to retighten the QR after unfolding, a secondary lock prevents the frame from folding.
FIT System: The BOSTON frame is designed around a patented folding system. This design eliminates the need to break the frame in order to fold the bike. Not only does this make folding easier but it makes this bike the strongest folding bike on the market. The Folding Integrated Technology (F.I.T.) is based around frame construction concepts designed for serious full suspension downhill bikes.
Drivetrain: The BOSTON is powered by a single-speed drivetrain that centers around a flip-flop hub. This special hub allows you to change between a fixed-gear and free-wheel setup with little effort. The 42 x 16t drivetrain is low weight and perfectly geared for city riding.
Key Features of the BOSTON:
- 1 Speed is all you need!
- Wheel Size is700c
- Flip Flop Hub - Freewheel or Fixed Gear
- Folding Time is 20 sec.
- Folded Size is 36" x 28" x 12"
- Approx Weight is 24 lbs
- Uses: Commuting, City Canyons, Fast Getaways, Folding into a car trunk
- Available in 19" frame (5'3"-5'10"), 21" (5'11" - 6'4")
Full Specs of Montague BOSTON Bike:
- Color: Matte Black
- Frame: Custom drawn 7005 Series. Aluminum tubing with horizontal dropouts and FIT System
- Fork: Full Cro-Mo, with CLIX Wheel Release System Ramped Dropout
- Rims: Alex Alloy, 32 hole, Black 700c
- Tires: Kenda Kwick Roller Sport 700c x 28mm slick
- Hubset: Formula. Alloy, with CLIX front quick release. “Flip flop” Rear.
- Spokes: 14 Gauge Stainless
- Saddle: Areo Performance with “Center Gap”
- Seatpost: 27.2 X 300mm Alloy
- Handlebars: Riser style 30mm rise. 530mm wide. Alloy
- Stem: Kalloy, Alloy Direct Connect, 7 Degree Rise
- Shifters: NA
- Front Derailleur: NA
- Rear Derailleur: NA
- Crankset: SR Suntour. Alloy 42T chainwheel withIntegrated chain guard. Alloy 170mm crank arm
- Speeds: Single Speed
- Brakeset: Promax. Alloy. Dual Pivot Caliper brake with Alloy levers
- Pedals: Platform trekking pedal. Aluminum Cage
- Bottom Bracket: Sealed Cartridge
- Frame Sizes: 19" or 21"" (with 700c wheels)
- Stand over heights: TBA
- Folded Size: 36" x 28" x 12"
- Approx Weight: 24 lbs.
Add Your Tags:
Use spaces to separate tags. Use single quotes (') for phrases.