You have no items in your shopping cart.
Montague Crosstown Folding Commuter Bike 2013
No Shipping Charge.
Just fold and go, with the ever classic do-it-all bike. Whether you are riding for health and fitness, using it to commute, or just to get around the town, the Crosstown is the perfect ride!
With a full sized frame and 700c tire, the all new Crosstown is a one of a kind pavement bike that is perfect for practical commuting. It’s an easy to use folding bike offering 7-speeds, 700c tires, and the CLIX Wheel Release System. It also features a new invention called the Octagon, which is a stem that is height-adjustable with just a simple click of a button. This allows you to have the handlebars at whatever height feels comfortable. This hybrid commuter comes in 17”, 19”, and 21” frame sizes and offers portability, and an elegant style for a ride that’s sure to attract attention.
With smooth rolling 700c tires, and and an easy to use 7 speed ShimanoTwist Shifter, the Crosstown is ready for all of your city riding adventures. Getting to work has never been easier, ride it all the way, or take the train or bus halfway, and easily fold it up when you complete your ride.
Award Winning Features Behind the Montague Crosstown:CLIX System: Clever integration of the patented CLIX System allows the Crosstown to be folded in under 20 seconds without the use of tools. A flip of the CLIX quick release lever on the top tube and the bike folds to a compact size. If you forget to retighten the QR after unfolding, a secondary lock prevents the frame from folding.
FIT System: The Crosstown frame is designed around a patented folding system. This design eliminates the need to break the frame in order to fold the bike. Not only does this make folding easier but it makes this bike the strongest folding bike on the market. The Folding Integrated Technology (F.I.T.) is based around frame construction concepts designed for serious full suspension downhill bikes.
Wheelset: Each bike in the Montague pavement series comes equipped with 700c wheels. This wheel size offers a significantly better ride than 24", 20", or 16" wheels. By keeping it smooth over potholes, and enhancing the handling of the bike, the 700c wheels are ideal over pavement and trails.
Octagon Adjustable Stem:
The Octagon offers all the benefits of an angle adjustable stem without shortening "reach" when raised. This unique design allows for handlebar height to be changed while preserving the way the bike handles and rides. Also, with the octagonal shape of the post, steering remains engaged while raising or lowering the stem.
Key Features of the Crosstown:
- 7 Speed Shimano
- Wheel Size is700c
- Folding Time is 20 sec.
- Folded Size is 36" x 28" x 12"
- Approx Weight is 27lbs
- Uses: Commuting, Cruising the City streets, grabbing coffee, small apartments
- Available in 17" frame (4'8"-5'2"), 19" frame (5'3"-5'10"), 21" (5'11" - 6'4")
Full Specs of Montague Crosstown Bike:
- Color: Boulder Gray / Black
- Frame: Custom drawn 7005 Series, Aluminum tubing with FIT System
- Fork: Rigid Unicrown, with CLIX Wheel Release System
- Rims:Alex Alloy, 32 hole, Silver. 700c.
- Tires: CST Semi Slick. 700c x 28mm
- Hubset: Formula. Alloy CLIX front quick release
- Spokes: 14 Gauge Stainless
- Saddle: Performance Gel comfort
- Seatpost: 30.0 X 300mm Alloy
- Handlebars: Riser style 30mm rise. 580mm wide. Alloy, Black
- Stem: Octagon height adjustable stem. No tools required
- Shifters: Shimano 7-Speed RevoShift
- Front Derailleur: None
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Altus, 7-Speed
- Crankset: 42T chainring. Alloy 170mm crank arm
- Speeds: 7 Speeds
- Brakeset: Tektro, Dual Pivot Caliper. Side pull with Quick Release
- Pedals: Trekking pedal with all-weather non-slip tread
- Bottom Bracket: Semi-Sealed Cartridge
- Frame Sizes: 17", 19" or 21"" (all with 700c" wheels)
- Stand over heights: TBA
- Folded Size: 36" x 28" x 12"
- Approx Weight: 27lbs.
Add Your Tags:
Use spaces to separate tags. Use single quotes (') for phrases.