You have no items in your shopping cart.
Montague Paratrooper Folding Bike 2016
No Shipping Charge AND Receive a Free C3Sports Explorer-600 Bike Headlight with a powerful 600 lumen LED with high beam, low beam a strobe mode and an internal USB rechargeable battery. The RackStand doubles as the kickstand for this model.
The Paratrooper is the original folding mountain bike from Montague. Its patented folding design was developed under a grant from DARPA to allow airborne soldiers to drop out of airplanes and helicopters, and into combat. The Paratrooper offers 24 speeds, front suspension, mechanical disc brakes, and a Rackstand for hauling gear. Known for its durability and load bearing capabilities, this folding bike has also developed a following with everyday commuters and weekend warriors.
With a 24 Speed Shimano Drivetrain, front suspension and a frame size of 16", 18" or 20", it is better to look at the Paratrooper as a mountain bike that folds. Ride it in the city during the week and hit the mountain trails on the weekend. When not in use, store it in your closet, under your bed, in your trunk, or on your boat!
Award Winning Features Behind the Paratrooper Bike:DirectConnect Folding System New for 2016 is the DirectConnect folding system, which removes the quick release from the top tube, provides an easier folding experience and larger clamping surface between the two halves of the frame. A flip of the quick release lever and your bike folds to a compact size.
Folding Integrated Technology: The Paratrooper frame is designed around another patented system that allows the bike to fold without any breaks in the frame’s tubing. Not only does this make it easier to fold, but it makes Montague bikes the strongest folding bike on the market. The Folding Integrated Technology (F.I.T.) is based around the same frame construction concepts as serious full suspension downhill bikes.
RackStand: The RackStand is a luggage carrier, mudguard, kickstand, and work stand all in one. A quick release allows it to rotate under the rear wheel on a specially designed axle mount. When in the lowered position it acts as a kickstand or workstand, makes folding your Montague easier, and allows the folded bike to be stored or displayed upright.
The Paratrooper comes with everything you need to ride. Optional accessories that we offer are folding pedals to make the bike more compact when folded, a kickstand, and a durable Carry Case for transporting your bike.
Full Specs of Montague Paratrooper Bike:
- Color: Matte Cammy Green
- Frame: Custom drawn 7005 Series Aluminum with DirectConnect System. Replaceable derailleur hanger and disc mount
- Fork: SR Suntour XCT suspension. 80mm travel. Alloy one piece lower. Disc Compatible
- Rims: 26″ Alloy, 32 hole. Double Wall. Black
- Tires: Kenda Kinetics. 26″ x 2.10″
- Hubset: Formula. Black. Alloy. Disc Compatible. Sealed front & rear with CLIX™ front quick release
- Spokes: 14 Gage Stainless
- Saddle: Aero Mountain
- Seatpost: 30.0 X 300mm Alloy with Montague logo
- Handlebars: Kalloy. Alloy. 7 degree backsweep. 31.8 Barbore. 580mm length
- Stem: Kalloy. Alloy Direct Connect. 105mm. 7 degree rise
- Shifters: Shimano RAPIDFIRE Plus Trigger Shifter
- Front Derailleur: Shimano Top Swing Dual Pull
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Deore
- Crankset: SR Suntour XCC. 42/32/22. Alloy 170mm crank arm. Matte Black
- Speeds: 24 Speeds
- Brakeset: Mechanical disc w/ pad adjustment. Alloy Levers
- Pedals: Platform pedal with steel cage
- Bottom Bracket: Sealed Cartridge
- Other: RackStand rear rack with fenders
- Frame Sizes: 16", 18", 20" (with 26" wheels)
- Stand over heights: 16in Frame: For riders 4'8" – 5'2". Standover height is 28", 18in Frame: For riders 5'3" - 5'10". Standover height is 30", 20in Frame: For riders 5'11" - 6'4". Standover height is 31"
- Folded Size: 36" x 28" x 12"
- Approx Weight:: 32lbs.
Add Your Tags:
Use spaces to separate tags. Use single quotes (') for phrases.