You have no items in your shopping cart.
Silverback Starke 1 Commuter Bike
9-Speed with a Dynamo Hub Powered USB Port Charger and Headlight.
The Silverback Starke bicycle was designed to be both a work-horse and a headturner. It's unique frame sports a sleek, molded look which is both practical and timeless.
At first glance it's striking looks are accentuated by the absence of a traditional down tube. The minimalistic design and smooth lines add to the elegently simplistic aesthetics.
The low position of the top tube serves to make the Starke bicycle easy to mount whether a rider is male or female, young or old. Extensive hydroforming of this tubing serves to enhance the overall strength of the
platform while increasing torsional rigidity, a bonus for converting the your pedaling effort into forward motion.
Added to this is the Uni-Fit adjustable stem and seatpost which allows a truly one size fits all standard for adults and ensures a comfortable position no matter the stature of the rider.
In line with the ethos of commuting, selected models sport Supernova dynamo front hubs and light systems to allow year--round commuting even when the sun goes down. A USB port to supply on-the-fly charging for your favorite USB compatible portable device is standard with models equipped with a dynamo hub. Mounting systems for various devices are brand and model specific and may be purchased separately.
The Starke 1 features a Shimano 9 Speed drivetrain and a front, Supernova Dynamo hub that powers a USB port which you may use to charge your mobile devices.
Silverback Starke 1 Special Features:
- UNI-FIT/adjustable stem and seat post systems allow riders to easily custom fit the bicycle to their dimensions.
- SB Proprietary frame construction seamless engineering and lightweight
- Only one front chain ring for simplicity in riding use and increased reliability in the drivetrain.
- Custom Hydro-formed 99M tubing with added Nickel creates a strong, light and sound damped ride that is uni-fit and agile for city commuting.
- Clean and attractive cable guides allow for easy maintenance and increased longevity of shifting performance.
- Rigid forks and disc brakes allow for responsive city navigating by making the bike easy to accelerate and decelerate.
- USB Charging port powered by Dynamo hub
- Dynamo powered headlight
Full Specs of Starke 1:
- Frame: Hydroformed 6061 Aluminum Frame – Lightweight, elegant and comfortable
- Fork: 6061 Custom Aluminum - Smooth ride, strong and lightweight
- Rims: Alex SX44 26"
- Hubs: R: Shimano RM66 F: Dynamo Hub with USB Stem Cap
- Tires: 26" Schwalbe Marathon Supreme Tires - Extremely durable and puncture resistant
- Fenders: Keep wet weather discomfort to a minimum
- Crankset: Single chainring Shimano Alfine crank with guard - simple and lightweight, clothing won't tangle in the drivetrain
- Rear Derailleur: 9 Speed Shimano Alivio
- Shifters: Alivio 9 Speed
- Front Hub: Supernova Dynamo LED Light and USB Port - Clean, green device charging convenience with night-scattering illumination
- Bottom Bracket: Shimano ES25 Octalink
- Cassette: Shimano 9 Speed, 11-32T
- Pedals: VP
- Brake Set: Shimano M445 Hydraulic Disc Brakes
- Stem: Uni-Fit Adjustable stem and seatpost - Infinitely adjustable fit
- Weight: 12.5kg / 27.4 lbs
- Included Features: USB charging system, supernova head lamp, fenders, kickstand, rack mounts on frame
Add Your Tags:
Use spaces to separate tags. Use single quotes (') for phrases.